Friday, July 15, 2005

Cheap eats

Two young women (clearly underpaid) leaving work for the day.

"I'm starving. Is it dinner time yet?"
"It's only 4 o'clock."
"I can't help it; I'm still starving."
"What are you going to have tonight?"
"It's Friday. There's not much in the house. Macaroni and cheese in a box. Tuna fish. Frozen peas."

Now, what I can't remember for certain is how the next line went. Either she said, "It tastes better than it sounds" or "It sounds better than it tastes." Whatever the exact wording, neither statement is even remotely true.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Actually the box was probably the tastiest part.

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's not fair. Mac and cheese with tuna and peas is one of my lunchtime staples at work! I nuke the mac and cheese, add a small can of tuna (the politically correctly-caught kind, of course), and add a handful of frozen peas which have also been nuked. Taa daa. Instant lunch. Only problem: the smell from the leftover tuna can in the trash by the end of the day. Oh well. Never really liked my co-workers anyway (just kidding, Al and Kate!).

Anonymous said...

I'm with Cynde - not much you can do to make Mac and Cheese bad - while I've never added tuna, I've put just about everything else in it - tomatoes and broccoli together with M&C is truly awesome.