Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Nexus

I'm going to hang out here at Something Itches while I take a break from Peeling Wallpaper. This picture that I put up over at PW before hastily closing the door and turning off the lights is a vintage postcard from Crystal Cave in south-central Pennsylvania. I visited this tourist Mecca for my sixth grade class field trip back in...well, let's just say this vintage postcard was a new release when our class roamed the gift shop at Crystal Cave. And what is that old coot pointing at in the photograph, you might ask. Could it be a wad of chewed up bubble gum stuck atop of that stalagmite by an irresponsible grade-schooler? I'm not saying a word. Not a word.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Looks more like a "something big took a dump" formation. You didn't have anythiong to do with that did you?

Anonymous said...

In geology class, we used to call that stuff "batshitite."

Anonymous said...

Looks like JON'S BEEN THERE! I'm sure if you look closer you'll find a copy of Motorweek nearby.