Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The bug on my rug: Day 2

The bug on my rug was back tonight for game one of the Los Angeles Angels vs. Chicago White Sox American League championship series. There was more spring to the beetle’s step this evening, leading me to believe that he was not a fan of the New York Yankees. Call me crazy, but this insect seems more self-assured knowing the Yankees are out of the playoffs. I may be misreading his body language, but, if I had to guess, I’d say my bug is a Chicago fan. He seemed to stop more and face the television set when the White Sox were at bat. And when they scored a run he did these little bug pushups and ran around in a circle. When the Angels were at bat, he turned his back to the television and did some other bug stuff. I wish I could ask the beetle on my rug what he thought about the magnificent 53” high definition television picture with full Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound. Oh, he’s impressed all right. This is one lucky bug.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Too bad the Sox lost. One unhappy bug you got there.

Birdie said...

Who do you think is his favorite player? Maybe the bug would like to blog one of these days. I'd love to hear his thoughts on this winter's fuel crisis.

Anonymous said...

Who is MarkFisher, and why does he underscore all his text, then highlight it in blue? Gee, he must be a very special guest! And are there really 4811 other Mark Fishers?