Friday, September 16, 2005

Time to get back to writing!

Well, I'm back. I was gone for three weeks and came back to six weeks worth of work. I don't understand the new math. The trips were all great. Probably the most exciting part was my five days in Yellowstone National Park. It was quite a memorable experience, except for that one evening that I can't quite remember. Lesson learned: you get drunk on an empty stomach a lot faster at 8,000 feet elevation than you do at sea-level. That's probably all I should say until the lawyers finish sorting out the details. From Yellowstone I went to Berkeley, California - the most liberal spot on earth. As soon as I stepped out of the shuttle bus in front of my hotel, I heard this poof noise. I looked down and my shoes had transformed into Birkenstocks, my polo shirt to a tie-dye Grateful Dead t-shirt. A colleague of mine told me that he had encountered a beggar on a street corner who had a laptop computer. Berkeley is a different kind of place.

More this weekend...

6 comments:

Birdie said...

** airkiss ** ** airkiss ** There. I'm doing my part to gently lead you through California withdrawl. Want me make you a nice tofu burrito?

Mike said...

Welcome back to the dreary republican, privacy Hah!, world of dc. May we live to escape their evil clutches again!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Jack.

Unknown said...

Berkeley sounds like my kind of place!

And I will have to remember that elevation thing...

Glad you're back!

Mike said...

Didn't we sack you?

Anonymous said...

We did Mike. Some itches just won't go away.